miércoles, 19 de enero de 2011

Something about my life

I am born on Thursday, March 13, 1986, in Oviedo, Asturias, but from 11 months I live in El Berrón, in the municipality of Siero. In this town I study GBS, and the ESO and Bachillerato (Science-Technology Branch) in Noreña. I am currently studying to Land Surveyor, at the University of Oviedo.

My foray into the world of the bagpipe was thanks to my maternal aunt Maria del Rosario, who was taking classes with bagpipes in the hometown of my mother, Suares, the council Bimenes. It was she who encouraged me to go off for bagpipe with Eugenio Otero (ex-director of the Banda Gaites Llariegu). This was in March 1994. Luckily my "relationship" with the bagpipes continues and I hope continues for a long time.

With Eugenio I learned to be disciplined and take seriously the office of piper. Office? Yes. As you can see the noun with which players of musical instruments are known is the union of the name of the instrument they play and the suffix -ist: piano>pianist, flute>flutist, etc.

By contrast baker, engineer, plumber, etc, they end with the suffix -er, like piper.

Being piper is not only playing the bagpipes. Is more.

I too was a student of Chus Solis, who taught me to play for asturian regional dance and with whom I made my first perfomance with a pipe band.

Finally I was pupil of Xuacu Amieva, with which I improved my technique and with which I learned that "play the bagpipes more fast, isn't play it better."

I don't forget Xuan Rodriguez, Llan de Cubel Piper, and the Banda Gaites Rei Aurelio (San Martín del Rey Aurelio) because without them my career as a piper had not been the same. Thanks for everything.

As regards competition of bagpipes I represented Asturias in the National Final of Premios Veo-Veo in 2000 after being the first seed in the Regional Final with the group of Gymnastics Olympia of Gijón.

In the bagpipes contests "pure" my results are:

Competition Year Place
I Concursu de Gaiteros Mozos de Bimenes 2000 2nd
I Concursu de Xóvenes Gaiteros d' El Carbayu 2000 3rd
XIV Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2001 6th
I Concursu de Gaita de Lantero (Samartín del Rei Aurelio) 2001 4th
I Concursu Gaiteru Lliberdón 2001 1st
II Concursu de Xóvenes Gaiteros d' El Carbayu 2001 3rd
II Concursu Gaiteru Lliberdón 2002 1st
III Concursu de Xóvenes Gaiteros d' El Carbayu 2002 1st
XVI Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2003 4th
IV Concursu de Gaiteros Mozos de Bimenes 2003 3rd
XVIII Troféu Macallan de Gaita (Lorient) 2003 3rd
II Concursu de Gaita de La Nueva (Llangréu) 2004 2nd
II Concursu de Gaita de Mieres 2004 2nd
XII Concursu y Muestra de Folclor "Ciudá d' Uviéu" 2004 4th
XVII Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2004 1st
XIX Troféu MacCrimmon de Gaita (Lorient) 2004 4th
I Concursu de Gaita de Llaviana 2004 5th
XIII Concursu y Muestra de Folclor "Ciudá d' Uviéu" 2005 5th
XVIII Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2005 4th
XX Troféu MacCrimmon de Gaita (Lorient) 2005 4th
XIX Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2006 4th
XXI Troféu MacCrimmon de Gaita (Lorient) 2006 2nd
XX Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2007 5th
XXI Memorial Remis Ovalle (Uviéu) 2008 5th
VII Troféu de Gaites Noega (Xixón) 2009 3rd
VIII Troféu de Gaites Noega (Xixón) 2010 1st




Together with my brother Carlos, I got these results:

Concursu Añu Puestu
I Troféu Hermanos Cueli (Vidiago) 2007 4th
VI Troféu de Gaites Noega (Xixón) 2008 3rd
II Troféu Hermanos Cueli (Vidiago) 2008 1st
VII Troféu de Gaites Noega (Xixón) 2009 3rd
III Troféu Hermanos Cueli (Vidiago) 2009 1st
VIII Troféu de Gaites Noega (Xixón) 2010 1st


In 2011 I am nominated for Best Piper in PREMIOS AMAS 2011, for my career.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario